The Red Sun Farms family is a dynamic group of individuals.
We are passionate about produce, and this passion is a direct reflection of the company's success. Our team strives to define the standards in quality, innovation and customer service through our "seed to plate" commitment.
Human Resources Generalist
Red Sun Farms is one of the largest fully vertically integrated, high-tech greenhouse growers in North America. Our seed-to-plate approach closes the gap between grower, retailer, and consumer; allowing us to develop an exceptional product and an exemplary level of customer service from all our locations, 365 days per year.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of HR Generalist to join our Kingsville team.
The Human Resources Generalist, under the direction of the Director, Human Resources, will be responsible for a range of duties supporting the HR department, management, and employees of Red Sun Farms in both Canada and the United States. This role will support and promote a corporate culture that aligns with and embodies the values of the company throughout all aspects of the HR function.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- An incredible work environment
- Flexibility between Kingsville & Windsor office locations
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Pension plan
- Paid sick days
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Assists with the administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and applicable legislations and regulations
- Coordinates the hiring and recruitment process, including interview scheduling and participating in interviews, conducting reference checks, and initiating onboarding and orientation
- Manages the review and updating of employee job descriptions
- Maintains HR records by assisting with documenting incidents and resolutions of problems
- Assists with building and sustaining beneficial relationships with employment agencies and educational institutions
- Participates and is an active member of committees as related to HR
- Supports the performance management program, assisting HR in ensuring effective implementation and providing guidance to employees and managers
- Assists managers and supervisors in dealing with employee issues and providing advice in managing the progressive disciplinary procedures
- Aids with the administration of company compensation and benefits programs
- Administrative duties include filing, invoice processing, system data maintenance, and organizing HR resources
- Manage the timely and accurate processing of employee changes including new hires, job changes, terminations, compensation changes and status changes within our HRIS and personnel files
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in human resources management, business administration, or a related field required
- Minimum three years of work experience in Human Resources required
- CHRP designation considered an asset
- Demonstrated working knowledge of multiple human resource areas preferred
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Work experience in recruitment preferred
- Knowledge of US labor law, best practices, and benefits considered an asset
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with HRIS/HCM software (ADP Workforce Now, UKG an asset)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Fast-paced environment
- Sitting or standing for an extended amount of time
- May be required to work overtime as needed
- Light travel may be required
Red Sun Farms welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.